Before continuing, please take a moment to confirm you are eligible.
The following are the eligibility requirements for all homeowners in order to be considered for the program. If the home is owned jointly, then both homeowners must be listed on the application. It is vital for applicants to submit the required accompanying documentation to ensure a complete application submittal. Only complete applications will be considered for funding. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You have experienced a COVID-19 related involuntary financial hardship, resulting in reduced income due to a change in employment, medical hardship, death of a spouse/co-borrower
- You have experienced an involuntary reduction in income of 20% or more due to COVID-19; or received unemployment benefits after March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19; or is receiving unemployment benefits at the time of the application due to COVID-19
- You are the homeowner residing in property located within Clayton County, as of March 1, 2020
- As the applicant, you are named on either the Note, Deed of Trust, and/or Warranty Deed
- You are not in an active bankruptcy
- You do not have cash in bank accounts that exceeds three times your monthly mortgage payment at the time of application (excluding retirement/401K accounts)
- Your adjusted gross income is ($69,439 or less) for an individual applicant and ($94,672 or less) for joint applicants. You can locate your adjusted gross income (AGI) on your form 1040 U.S. individual tax return line 8b
- Keep in mind that you will later be asked to provide documentation to support all of the above, to include but not limited to the following: proof of unemployment, proof of impact from COVID-19, up to two most recent years tax returns with all schedules, current mortgage statement, copy of deed, two months of bank statements with all pages. All documentation will not be required at the time the initial application is submitted, but will be required BEFORE the application can be approved.
Please be advised: By applying for the Clayton County HomeSaver program, HomeFree-USA nor Clayton County government assumes responsibility related to the outcome of your mortgage.